Vanessa Berry is a prolific Sydney, NSW, Australia based artist and zinester, who has published notable one-off and seminal ongoing Australian zines, including Psychobabble (1996-1998), Laughter and the Sound of Teacups (1997-2002) and I am a Camera (1999-).
In 2007 a book of Vanessa's autobiographical stories was published by Local Consumption Publications. Named Strawberry Hills Forever as a tribute to her post office box, the book includes stories taken in part from her zines I am a Camera and Laughter and the Sound of Teacups.
Berry's zine works to March 2009, ~120 zines, was exhibited as part of the exhibition Avoiding myth and message: Australian artists and the Literary world, Museum of Contemporary Art, Sydney, 7 April - 12 July 2009.
P.O. Box 1879
- Germany 2008 #1-2 (2008) excerpts from Vanessa Berry's blog Posted to Germany
- Contribution to Michelle Vandermeer's Li'l Laundromatic (2008)
- Disposable camera (2007?-)
- The rabbit and the bear (October 2007), by Miss Helen and Vanessa Berry
- Contribution to Nanoworks (October 2007), published by Voiceworks for the 2007 TINA Festival
- Strawberry Hills Forever (Erskineville, N.S.W. : Local Consumption Publications, 2007) a book of autobiographical stories taken in part from her zines, also contains drawings by Keg de Souza.
- News of the Vanessa Berry (2006?-)
- Contribution to Post no bills (2006-), a mail art/zine project by Papercut Collective
- Contribution to Anna Poletti's ‘A People’s History of Australian Zines’, HEAT 11: Sheltered Lives (2006)
- Adjective stories (Strawberry Hills, NSW: the author, 2001) with illustrations by Janet Walker.
- Dictionary stories (Strawberry Hills, N.S.W.: The Author, 2001) 'Contains one dictionary definition entry for each letter of the alphabet and an accompanying one page story incorporating the word.'
- 'A little bit nice', in Esther's The original Yonah Schimmel zine review #1 (2001)
- Contribution to Paul Byron's Ventricle (2001)
- I am a Camera (1999-)
- By the (jetty/velodrome) I sat down and wept (1999) a split zine with Tim Wright
- '$3.95', in Milk bar, No. 2, November 1999 (North Fitzroy, Vic.: [s.n.], 1998-)
- A little but nice (n.d.) a cookbook
- Suggestions for a better name would be welcomed (n.d.) small A5 cut and paste zine (referenced in The new pollution, page 77)
- Vinnies (March 1999)
- Things cut out of other things (n.d.)
- Laughter and the Sound of Teacups (1997-2002)
- Psychobabble (1996-1998)
- Vanessa Berry World
- Laura Appleyard's photos Vanessa Berry's Flickr webpage
- Vanessa's world in more than 100 zines: An interview with Vanessa Berry, Sydney, Australia, by Elke Zobl, November 2002
- Posted to Germany: Vanessa Berry's adventures in German and Germany