Difference between revisions of "Using Space"
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
[[Category:Zine]] [[Category:publications]] [[Category:publications]] [[Category:Zines from the Netherlands]]
Revision as of 19:09, 11 August 2012
Issue one was released in November 2006. It is A5 format, 24 pages with a cover and contains an account of various visited social centres in Europe, with an indepth profile of the Poortgebouw in Rotterdam.
Issue two was produced in June 2007. It focuses on the story of a squatted street in Rotterdam. It has two articles, one in English, one in Dutch.
Issue three featured various short pieces taken from a range of sources. These included: thoughts about the future of squatting; a report on the progress of the now defunct maelstrom centre in Leeds; a personal history of the ELF squat in Amsterdam.
Issue four contained the following pieces:
- a visit to a squatted land project in central Amsterdam
- the UK national squat meet in Bristol,
- a rumination on social centres
- a large squatting action in Sweden
- a fotoreport from the Dutch national squatting day
- recycled newspaper reports
Issue five is a short and incomplete history of squatting in Brighton.
Issue six contents:
- Facing Up to Mike Weatherley's Fearsome Gauntlet
- A Secret History of the City
- The CoolTan Arts Centre
- Watching the value of property melt away - Squatting in the U$A
- The Sacred Law of Private Property
- Informal Update on the Situation in Seattle
- The Story of Sabotaj
- Squat weblinks
Issue seven, published August 2012, contains:
- A short update on the criminalisation of squatting in England and Wales
- A callout for a mass squatting action in Brighton
- When 'glitter thugs' attack...
- Interview with a Seattle Squatter
- Keeping occupied - on the squatted Ocean estate, London
- A list of back issues