Difference between revisions of "To Hell With Poverty"
|Line 22:||Line 22:|
Latest revision as of 16:31, 3 December 2007
To Hell With Poverty was a zine based in Coventry, England, of which four issues were produced between 1984-86.
In order to confuse future archivists, and to make better use of a rather nice photo of John Wayne, issue 4 was retitled 'The Hell With Poverty'. A fifth issue, which would have seen a return to its original name, was prepared but not printed. Other items produced from the same stable include a postcard featuring the original photomontage used on the cover of issue 1, and a tape cassette of demo tracks by the Furious Apples, a local Coventry group featured in issue 1.
Featured articles and interviews
- Issue 1: (400 printed)- Furious Apples, Paris Cinema Project, The Luddites.
- Issue 2: (600 printed)- Marc Riley, Ausgang, Million £ Bingo, Goons, International Rescue.
- Issue 3: (1500 printed) - Redskins, Nightingales, 3 Johns.
- Issue 4: (600 printed)- Blue Orchids, Colour Field, African music.
- Issue 5: (prepared but not printed) - Go Betweens, Sue Arnold, Red Wedge, Super 8 Film festival