The Filth Zine
The Filth Zine is a literary zine by Karley Bayer.
Based in Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A., The Filth Zine is a 20+, full-sized, black and white publication. The binding is sewn by the Filth’s creator, editor and short story contributor Karley Bayer.
Dr. John Callaghan:
- a martial artist, originally from New York City, with 40 years experience in judo, karate, kung fu, and the Filipino art of stick and knife fighting. I can kill anyone in less than 5 seconds, but would prefer playing with you for awhile.
- a doctorate in both psychology and metaphysics. If you're nuts and have ghosts in your dwelling, I can take care of both of your difficulties for one huge price.
- married 4 times, thankfully no whelps, had 24 other women sexually as girlfriends, and moved 36 times, including a year in India, Hawaii, Wisconsin, Florida, California, and Washington. This qualifies me as Borderline Personality Disordered at the least. My second wife, Colette, said she was never depressed a day in her life till she met me.
- an Original Punk, having lived on the Lower East Side through the later 70's and 80's and partying my ass off. I kissed Deborah Harry on the cheek!
- Not new to the online writing scene or the usual literary publications, I am currently featured in Gag Me With A ..., The F Bomb, Grace Notes, and my fav; The Filth!
Each issue of The Filth features an interview with a DJ or independent musician, and an exclusive CD. Previous guests have included: Da Moth (LA based), Ace Hernandez and the No Boom Boom Soul Brother (Baltimore), Sir Morbit (Odessa, Texas), DJ Raiu (Gainesville, Florida), and Gring-Oh-Star (LA).
Contrary to the name, The Filth does NOT specialize in stories about unicorns and rainbows, “lost puppies finding their way home against impossible odds”, or peach cobbler. The zine also contains drawings, photos, and comics.
The Filth comes out four times a year. The birthday issue (The Filth will be ONE!) will hit the streets in early January 2012.