Ruth Berman was a zine editor and writer, covering several genres.
Ruth Berman was a founding member of the Minnesota Science Fiction Society, and has been involved with such groups as with the International Wizard of Oz Club, the Mythopoeic Society, the Tolkien Society of America, the Society for Creative Anachronism, and The Fantasy Association, among others.
Ruth Berman wrote articles, essays, fiction, and poetry on subjects as diverse as Sherlock Holmes, Star Trek, Twin Cities history, The Wizard of Oz, J.R.R. Tolkien, children's literature, filking, World War II history, fantasy and science fiction. She won several awards for her poetry, including the 2003 Rhysling Award for Short Poem.
Her first fanzine All Mimsy was co-published with Eleanor Arnason and Ron Whyte in the 1950s.
- All Mimsy (with Eleanor Arnason and Ron Whyte)
- And Starry Skies
- Dinky Bird
- Inside Star Trek
- SH - sf Fanthology
- Cry of the Nameless
- The Faces of Time
- Fantasy Macabre
- The Literary Magazine of Fantasy and Terror
- The Magazine of Speculative Poetry
- Shangri L'Affaires
- Space and Time
- Autumn World (with Joan Marie Verba, Tess Meara, Deborah K. Jones, and Margaret Howes)
- Bradamant's Quest
- Dear Poppa: The World War II Berman Family Letters