|(8 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
phases of the moon''' is a personal -is-political [[zine]] by [[Stacey_marie_skeleton_key|stacey marie skeleton key]] . On the artistic/emotional side, this zine focusses on the certainty of impermanence and the cycles & recurring metaphors in her life. The underlying goal of the writing is to (contradictorily) record the sneaking feeling that nothing ever stays the same. More concrete ideas are applied to political issues in an attempt to seamlessly relate individual stories to the bigger picture of the world. |+|
'''of the moon''' is a personal [[zine]] by [[Stacey_marie_skeleton_key|staceymarie skeleton key]], zine and in of the of .
| || |
RESISTANCE IS FERTILE was co-written with her partner Zanarchy & was a chronicle of the year they gave birth to a baby girl and subsequently gave her up for adoption. Aside from describing the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of pregnancy, childbirth, and adoption, many other topics are tied into the account, including: feminist theory, the medical ( mis) management of birth, the politics of reproduction, overcoming poverty, the history of adoption, radical parenting, birth control, making reproductive choices available to women, and most importantly creating communities that will foster the growth and change necessary to overcome our oppressive patriarchal culture-system. |+|
Issue #1: was co-written with partner Zanarchy a chronicle of the year they gave birth to a baby girl and gave her up for adoption.
: () overcoming
, , , and
most the and .
| || |
net/ Official Site] |+|
* [http://www.selenographie./ Official Site]
| || |
Revision as of 00:51, 17 August 2012
Phases of the moon is a personal zine by stacey-marie skeleton key, sporadically published since 2006. The zine combines personal non-fiction writing and photographs in meandering explorations of such broad-ranging topics as unrequited love, creating a home, and resisting burnout despite the necessities of adulthood.
- Issue #1: Resistance Is Fertile (Sept 2006) was co-written with stacey-marie's then-partner Zanarchy and is a chronicle of the year they gave birth to a baby girl and gave her up for adoption.
- Issue #2: i'm ready to grow young again (Jan 2007) deals with overcoming depression.
- Issue #3: take yr bones apart & put them back together (Feb 2008) contains twelve short essays and photographs, mostly about relationships, travelling, and maintaining a sense of stability.
- Issue #4: what matters most is how well you walk through the fire (Dec 2010) contains five photographs and an essay about supporting a friend through an alcohol detox.