Pagan Kennedy was the publisher of the zine Pagan's Head, which was later compiled into the book Zine: How I Spent Six Years of My Life in the Underground and Finally... Found Myself... I Think.
After retiring from zines in the early 1990s, Kennedy became a published author of both fiction and nonfiction books. She also has written for several magazines and newspapers.
- Zine: How I Spent Six Years of My Life in the Underground and Finally... Found Myself... I Think.
- Platforms: A Microwaved Cultural Chronicle of the 1970s
- Pagan Kennedy's Living: A Handbook for Maturing Hipsters
- Black Livingstone: A True Tale of Adventure in the Nineteenth-Century Congo
- The First Man-Made Man: The Story of Two Sex Changes, One Love Affair, and a Twentieth-Century Medical Revolution
- The Dangerous Joy of Dr. Sex and Other True Stories
- Stripping and Other Stories
- The Exes: A Novel
- Confessions of a Memory Eater