La Palabra is a bi-monthly zine, based in New Jersey, U.S.A..
While some issues carry a specific theme, others are generally about music and drinking. Regardless of the theme, all issues contain a love/hate list, an alcohol related quote entitled "Last Call", an advice column called "Dear Crabby", and a "Back Cover" which is a picture of a female backside with the words "the end" attached to it. Contributors include James D'elia(Issue #1),Amanda Garcia(Issues #2&4), Scruff Cardinale(Issues #1,3,4,5) and Dave Slagle(Issues #1-5). Distribution locations for this free zine are local record stores, tattoo parlors, barber shops, bars, and Somerville Town Drunk shows.
- Issue #1 aka "Congratulations It's A Zine" includes a Post No Bills interview, an article about getting older and a Tom Waits album review
- Issue #2 aka "These Colors Never Run(because their black and white) includes a history of Jack Daniel and a 1980's base ball nickname all-star team(Ryne "Ryno" Sandberg anyone?)
- Issue #3 aka "Third Times A Charm" includes an interview with The Turnbucklers, a Metaskaphelies album review and an article entitled "What White Guys Shouldn't Do"
- Issue #4 aka "The Food & Drink Issue" includes recipes for beer brats and butter burgers, a food/drink playlist, tips for BBQs, history of the "Fat Sandwich", and a 40oz review. Comes with hand stamped napkin.
- Issue #5 aka "I wanna Rock N Roll all night and La Palabra everyday" includes the year in sports, movie of the year, albums of the year and the inaugural class of the Alco-Hall of Fame.
- Special Issue #1 aka "Home for the Alco-holidays" is a 1/4 page zine that includes a Christmas love/hate, the history of eggnog and a letter to Slagle Clause.