John Porcellino is the creator of King-Cat Comics and Stories (1989-Present). His Spit and a Half record label released vinyl and CDs by The Felt Pilots and The Cannanes.
John Porcellino was trained as a painter. In the late-1980's, he adopted a deliberately "naive" style in hopes of making his artwork more accessible.
From 1992-2000, John Porcellino ran the Spit and a Half zines and comics distro.
John Porcellino currently lives in Denver, CO.
Zines and Comics
- Zo-Zo (1985-1986) (editor, 11 issues)
- Cehsoikoe (1987-1990) (editor, 12 issues)
- Vole Adventures (1986-1990, 14 installments)
- Vole Adventures Adventure Anthology (1988)
- Trapped By Magnetic Forces (1988, one shot)
- Reincarnation (c. 1988, one shot)
- King-Cat Comics and Stories (1989 - present, 67 issues to date)
- King-Cat Classix (1990-1996, four volumes)
- Vanilla Ice News and Adult Baby World Report (w/ K.A. Seckman, 1990-1992, 7 issues)
- Important Tool (w/ Steve Jacobek, (1991, 2 issues)
- True Anxiety! (1992-1993, 3 issues)
- Night Time (1993, one shot)
- King-Cat/Silly Daddy Flip (w/Joe Chiappetta, 1995-1996, 2 issues)
- In der Nacht die Welt dreht sich das Oberste zuunterst (1996, one shot)
- Silly-Cat (w/Joe Chiappetta, 1997, one shot)
- How Deep Is the Ocean? * (1999)
- The Kukoc Cat Named Maisie (2002, one shot included with King-Cat 61)
- My Word! (w/Missy Kulik, 2003, one shot)
- 3 Poems About Fog (2006, one shot)
- The Ones That Everybody Knows (2006, one shot)
Books and Collections
- King-Cat Nummer Eins (1998, Reprodukt) -- In German
- The King Cat Collection (1998, BuLB Comix) -- Swiss publication, written in French
- Perfect Example (2000, Highwater Books; 2005, Drawn and Quarterly)
- Diary of a Mosquito Abatement Man (2005, La Mano 21)
- Moon Lake Trails (2006, Ego Comme X) -- In French
- King-Cat Classix (2007, Drawn and Quarterly)