Extrapool is an independent art space for experimental music, performance art, screenings, small press publications and exhibitions, located in Nijmegen, the Netherlands.
"Extrapool operates in three work fields: sound, art and print and we try to work together as much as possible. Extrapool offers the highest quality experimental performance art, sound installations and extreme/rough print products (Knust) in the Netherlands and internationally. The focus is on DIY culture, graphic designers, new artists without large distribution networks, and fringe artists with semi-popular concepts. We offer the experiment that might go wrong. We show the unpolished. We undo music. Our stage, our auditorium, is best described as: a remarkable context in a flexible, changing, adaptable setting. On the one side informal and intimate, on the other side explicit (dominant) and 'artistic'."
Art Prison publications
- Art Prison #1: Johann Kauth, Cactus inside Frog, 2011
- Art Prison #2: Anna McCarthy, Revolution and its muses
- Art Prison #3: Craig Atkinson, Grab the Uranium
- Art Prison #4: Mathias Forbach & Thomas Koenig, Drawjin
- Art Prison #5: Gijs Deddens, Som
- Art Prison #6: Mari Kanstad Johnsen, Blue Cabin
- Art Prison #7: Anne Vagt, Beginners, 2013
Zines printed (or partially printed) at Knust/Extrapool: