Deafula is a personal zine by Kerri R., based out of Philadelphia.
Started in 2010, it focuses on Kerri's experience as a Deaf person in a hearing world. It's informative and introspective, yet still manages to be comical and occasionally witty.
Deafula has so far covered topics like the story of Kerri's hearing loss from scarlet fever, disability identity politics, relay calls, health insurance, and social exclusion.
- #2 (November 2011), about The Insurance Issue
- #4 (October 2012), about The Employment Issue
- #5 (March 2013), about Interview With My Mother
- #7 (2013), about disability and accessibility in our communities Part of a grant-funded project supported by the Leeway Foundation Art and Change Grant.
- #8 (Spring 2015), about The Relationships Issue