CrimethInc., also known by other names, such as CWC ("CrimethInc. ex-Workers' Collective") or Crimethinc, is considered more of a mindset than an organization by the active participants in the ongoing CrimethInc. experiment. They are profoundly anti-capitalist (as well as anti-authoritarian), with critical looks at culture, politics, life, work, and radical ways of living one's life.
It was initially associated with the North American anarcho-punk scene, but since has expanded into nearly all areas of the current anti-capitalist movement. The name itself, however, is a reference to "Crimethink" in George Orwell's 1984.
Among their best-known publications are the books Days of War, Nights of Love, Evasion, Recipes for Disaster: An Anarchist Cookbook and the zines Fighting For Our Lives (of which, to date, they have printed 500,000 copies), A Civilian's Guide To Direct Action, D.I.Y Guide, D.I.Y. Guide II, The Walls Are Alive, Harbinger, the hardcore punk/political zine Inside Front, and the music of several hardcore punk bands, of which the most notable is Catharsis. The group is also connected to other collectives/organizations that share some of their ideas (notably Curious George Brigade which has written a number of publications including Anarchy in the Age of Dinosaurs). The group also maintains several websites which promote their ideas.
Their book Days of War, Nights of Love contains a number of purposeful reinterpretaions marked and noted as such; for instance, they identify Italian fascist Gabriele D'Annunzio as an "anarchist" or attribute quotes to famous figures.
CrimethInc. as a loose organization represents a variety of political views. Anyone can publish under the name or create a poster using the logo. Each agent or group of agents operate individually. As well as the traditional anarchist opposition to the state and capitalism, agents have advocated a straight edge lifestyle, including veganism, the total supersession of gender roles, violent insurrection against the state, turning one's life into a series of moments, and the refusal of work.
- Days of War, Nights of Love - Crimethink For Beginners (2000)
- Recipes for Disaster - An Anarchist Cookbook (2005)
- Off the Map - A tale of Wanderers.
- Evasion (2001)
- Stone Hotel - Poems From Prison by Raegan Butcher (2004)
- Rusty String Quartet - Poems by Raegan Butcher after his release (2005)
- Anarchy in the Age of Dinosaurs - by fellow-travellers Curious George Brigade
- Fire & Lightning - IvoryBell
- In Search of the World: A Traveller's Almanac- IvoryBell
Zines / papers
- Fighting For Our Lives
- Rolling Thunder
- A Civilian's Guide to Direct Action
- D.I.Y Guide
- The Ex-Worker
- Crimethinc Worker Bulletin 47 & 74
- Inside Front
- PickAxe & Breaking The Spell-CrimethInc. Forward Motion Pictures
- Miami Model-Indymedia.org
- Why I Love Shoplifting from Big Corporations-SubmediaTV.com
- Join the Resistance, Fall in Love.-SubmediaTV.com
- Aluminum Noise
- Blacken the Skies
- Countdown to Putsch
- Face Down in Shit
- The Spectacle