Template loop detected: Template:Infobox creator
Jenna Freedman is a zinester and librarian from New York City. She writes the zine, The Lower East Side Librarian Winter Solstice Shout Out and founded the zine collection at the Barnard College Library. Her one-off zines include a zine tour zine, a compilation zine by librarians and archivists about menstruation and limited distribution zines from her wedding, friends' baby showers and a 12-hour zine challenge zine. She has occasionally contributed to other people's zines, notably those created by her close friend and fellow alumna of the University of South Florida's Library & Information Science graduate program Celia Perez. Freedman and Perez, along with Debbie Rasmussen and John Alexander Stevens participated in the Orderly Disorder: Zine Librarians in Circulation tour in the Fly Away Zine Mobile in the summer of 2011.
Freedman is the Associate Director of Communications and Zine Librarian at the Barnard College Library and has worked there since 2003. She is a founding member of the Zine Librarians Yahoo Group and of Radical Reference and writes and speaks frequently for trade and scholarly publications, and library and academic conferences about zines.
Freedman founded and edited the quarterly Zine Reviews column in Library Journal, which ran from 2008-2012.
- The Lower East Side Librarian Winter Solstice Shout Out and Reading Log, annual, 2001-present
- An Hour Ago, An Hour from Now, split zine with Celia Perez, May 2015
- The Authority of Doctor Who, April 2015
- Are You There God, It's Me, Menopause, co-edited with Kate Haas, 2014
- BiblioTechA: Haiti Solidarity Trip Zine Report Back, co-edited with Eric Goldhagen and Melissa Morrone, 2014
- Lower East Side Librarian Is Kale Enhanced, July 2013
- Lower East Side Librarian & Friends Menstruate: Librarians and Archvists Keep the Information Flowing, compilation zine, 2012
- Lower East Side Librarian Special Zine Tour Edition, September 2011
- Contact Freedman at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments.